Happy Wednesday friends! I’m excited to start a new series with you this week. It’s nothing ground breaking, but want to start sharing some wellness tips with you every Wednesday, hence the ‘Wellness Wednesday” title. This will not be just beauty products. To me wellness is about the whole mind, body and spirit. SO I will be covering a range of topics. This week is all about the importance of water for your health. It’s great not only for your body, but also for your skin!
I don’t know about you, but when Winter hits and it starts getting cold, I have a hard time getting in what I need. I have to find ways to get enough just to be healthy. Plus you all know I’m a huge coffee drinker, so I need to get a little extra in. But, besides just staying hydrated water has many benefits. I recently was gifted the Primo Water System for our house and I have been loving it.
It’s made getting my daily water intake so much EASIER! Plus the hot water feature has been THE BEST.
Did you know that regularly drinking very warm water is an inexpensive and easy way to feel healthy? It offers some healing qualities to your body’s digestive system and helps with getting glowing skin. You can always add in things like lemon, ginger or honey, but there are many reasons why drinking plain warm water, especially in the morning and evening can be just as good for your health.
Benefits of Hot Water
- Cleanses Digestion – the hot water can help breakdown things your body is having difficulty with. Cold water can actually harden the oils in food making it tough on your body to break down.
- Weight Loss – try doing this first thing in the morning. It will help raise your body temperature, which in turns helps speed up the metabolism
- Calms Central Nervous System to Decrease Stress – gives you a calming feel and helps soothe you and your body.
- Improves Blood Circulation – relaxes tense muscles and helps with healthy blood flow and circulation.
- Relieves Nasal Congestion – Inhaling the warm vapors can help loosen up clogged mucus and sinuses and can even give some relief to a sinus headache. Another benefit to drinking hot water is that it can warm and soothe a sore throat caused by mucus buildup.
- Keeps You Hydrated – You may not be able to get hot water all the time. But when you can, try switching out 1 or more of your current glasses of water.
- Better for Your Teeth
- Slows Down Aging & Clears Skin – helps prevent signs of premature aging like wrinkles, dry skin and and dark patches. It can also help clear out clogged skin.
- Hair Growth & Health – gives energy to nerve endings in the roots of your hair, which makes them activate and grow. Also helps hydrated and moisturize the scalp to fight against dry scalp/dandruff.
Who knew hot water could do so many great things for our bodies?
Tell me below if you do this already, or if you think you are going to try this out and see all the awesome benefits!