Hey Friends! I was recently reading a magazine and I love when they do those articles on celebrities being real parents, or really just real people. You know doing their own grocery shopping or playing with their kids at the park. It makes them more like real people and I feel like I can relate to them. I mean I do all of my own grocery shopping. I take my kids to the park. So I wanted to take this idea share some things I find myself doing sometimes. Things that I think real moms do all of the time…AKA the stuff I do that I’m hoping other moms do.
Things Real Moms Do
- Move a pile from one room to another. Yep that’s right. I will take a stack of papers, or pile of anything and move it 5 feet away, or in another room just to take a photo or have company over. I mean sometimes the girls are being super cute and I just want to snap a picture, but there’s a pile of toys or papers that are totally ruining the shot. Or, when we have company coming over on a wuick whim I’ll throw that pile on our bed.
- I’ll throw a load of laundry into the washer and think about throwing into the dryer at least 15 times. I still forget and will have to go back and re-wash them!
- Sometimes when I crave something sweet, I’ll run into the kitchen for something and shove it in mouth before the girls come in. Then try and eat it super fast so they don’t catch me.
- Shave my legs once a month. Ok, let’s be honest I am fortunate enough to not be a crazy hairy person. I have admitted this rare leg shaving things to others. Even have shown my legs to other women before and they’re always surprised. I get the “No way! That’s what my legs look like in a week and a half!” #Lucky
- Play hide and seek with the girls just to have a minute of peace and quiet.
- Fold the laundry during nap time. So I love to make an afternoon cup of coffee, fold the laundry and catch up on a show. It’s so nice to have a moment to myself, enjoy my coffee when it’s actually hot and not have to fold the same thing 10 times!
- Count down the minutes to nap or bedtime and then start missing them and their funny antics soon after putting them to bed.
- Go all day needing to take a shower, but wait until after they go to bed so I can take my time and enjoy it.
Ps: how cute is this tank? It’s so fitting for mom life, right? You can grab it from my favorite, Apres Soleil. They have some of the cutest tees, tanks and sweatshirt, that no fuss style that I love!
This is just a short list. I’m sure there’s so many more things that I’m just missing. I’d love to hear something of the things you guys do, comment below with yours! I’m sure I do them too!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
_____ SHOP THE POST _____