Well, it’s official…I’m dying for Fall weather and Kansas City weather has other plans. It’s still in the 90s around here and it’s really cramping my style. Although I don’t want to rush it too much because Winter around here is brutal.
I just love the cool, crisp air because I love layering of sweaters and jackets, but all of the fun Fall family activities are my favorite. There are so many traditional Fall activities that are great to do for a date or with the family.
So far, our only tradition has been going to the pumpkin on the first day of October. There are so many ideas for Fall from activities to bucket lists. Here is a list of 10 budget friendly Fall family activities.
10 Fall Family Activities
- Visit pumpkin patches. We love going to the pumpkin patch. There are always fun activities and each one is a little different. From picking out pumpkins to riding ponies, hay rides and petting the animals in the petting zoo…there’s always something fun!
- Go Apple picking. Ok, so I have been wanting to do this forever. How fun to take the kids to pick apples, eat apple donuts and drink cider!
- Make all the pumpkin foods. I love pumpkin breads, bars, smoothies and cookies. The Trader’s Joe’s pumpkin bread is so good and I love making these pumpkin bars. This year I want to try making pumpkin donuts or finding a great pumpkin cinnamon rolls recipe…if you know of a great one please send it my way!
- Go to a fall festival. These are always so fun. From rides, the festival food and enjoying the great Fall weather.
- Have a fall picnic. The weather is always so nice. It’s perfect to sit outside for a picnic. Pack up some warm soups, grilled cheeses, apple cider and pumpkin cheesecake and you’ve got the perfect Fall feast. Don’t want to pack it all up and travel somewhere, then set it up in your backyard. It’s just as fun and transporting the food is soo much easier.
- Have a tailgate. Whether you’re headed to a game or watching at home. Make it fun with a tailgate. Grill out, toss a football and turn the music up.
- Make candy apples. You can use the apples from the orchard for this activity. The kids will love dipping them in caramel, then rolling them in a fun topping. You can set up several options like M&M’s, Oreo pieces, other candy pieces or nuts for the adults.
- Have a campfire. Pic up all the branches in your yard (or buy some wood) and build a fire. Roast hot dogs, have all the stuff S’mores and drink hot chocolate.
- Make a crockpot meal. First of all I do this all year, but for Fall use it for chili, soup or other cool weather favorite. Cooking with the kids is so fun, and great for teaching them not to be afraid to get in the kitchen. I always have my girls help put things in the pot and turn it on.
- Take Fall family photos. Once the leaves have changed and started to fall get your crew together to play in the leaves and take photos. Of you’re on a budget ask a family member or friend to take them, and offer to take theirs.
What are some of your favorite Fall activities that I’m missing? I’m always looking for fun things to create the perfect family traditions and would love to get your input!
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great week!
PS: Don’t forget to tag me (Instagram or Facebook) when you try out any outfit idea or purchase anything you find through me! You could also send me a quick email (Hello@kallieflexman.com) because I’d love to see your inspired looks, even share them with other Mama’s in my Newsletter!
Are you subscribed yet? If not, be sure to do so, as I share exclusive content there, as well as hosts Newsletter Exclusive Giveaways.
_____ SHOP THE POST _____
Any purchase made through the links below may provide me with a small commission at no extra cost or effort to you. I appreciate any and all purchases as these help keep this blog going!
I'd love to hear your thoughts