Happy Monday Friends! I have had a lot of new people around here lately. So I thought I share 10 things you didn’t know about me and most embarrassing moment so you all can learn a little more about me and the girl behind this blog! I have been doing a lot of thinking and exploring the idea of why I started my blog and why I continue to do it. In the beginning I started out only sharing my fashion finds and how I put outfits together. Being a shopaholic, friends and family were constantly asking be to help them shop, find things on sale and trendy items that were affordable.
I had been out of the marketing game for several years and was really missing all of the cute clothes I would wear to work and events. So I started this little space. Finding a good deal and helping others find great pieces is still something I still love and enjoy, but just like me this blog has evolved. As a mom of two girls, a nurse and Maskcara artist I have grown to love sharing more than just fashion.
Anyway, I have never done this, but wanted to share some fun facts about me that you may or may not know.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me + One Funny Story
- I’m a coffee lover! Ok, maybe I should clarify, a Skinny Vanilla Latte lover! Not just for the caffeine, but because I genuinely love it.
- My birthday is on Christmas. Yes, go ahead and ask, “Didn’t that kind of suck?” Honestly, it wasn’t that bad. I was an afternoon baby, so Christmas was in the morning, my birthday was in the afternoon.
- I played softball at the University of Arkansas. Fun Fact: You can find my name in the record books under Most Doubles, Sacrifice Flies and Hit by Pitch in a single season
- I have lived in four states: Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and California.
- I’m the middle child. I have an older brother and younger sister.
- I am a Maskcara Makeup Artist. About a year ago I joined and have been loving it. It’s such an amazing sisterhood and I can’t wait to see what’s next!
- I don’t require a ton of sleep. I’m typically the girl that goes to bed last and wakes up first. On average I get around five hours every night.
- I am ambidextrous. Certain things I do have a preference, like writing and eating left handed, but can use either hand for almost anything (except golf, I’m a righty!).
- I graduated college with a degree in Advertising and Public Relations. Worked in Marketing/PR for about 5 years before going back and getting my Bachelor’s in Nursing. Since then I have been an Intensive Care, ICU, Nurse.
- I have so many embarrassing moments but this is too funny not to share. One day I was working at the hospital and caring for one of my patients. I just finished a massive code brown clean up, when I bent down to pick up the dirty linen I saw this huge red spot on my scrub pants. We all know what this meant. It was my lady time and now everyone else knew it too. I had to walk from our unit to the other side of the hospital. Then hop on an elevator and go down to the hospital scrub processing center for new pants. The guys…yes of course it was two guys, handed me a pair of scrub pants, then grabbed a second pair and said “Just in case”. I was so embarrassed, seriously dying inside. It was a moment I will never forget, but honestly wish I could.
Now isn’t that the worst?! Please tell me it’s not just me with an embarrassing moment like this?! I would love to hear one of yours and get to know you all a little more!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Get Out There and have a Gorgeous week!