It’s no secret that fall is my favorite season. The cool, crisp air, layering of sweaters and jackets and all of the fun Fall family activities. There are so much traditional fall activities that are great to do for a date or with the family. Are girls are still young so we have been trying out different types of activities to start our own holiday traditions.
So far, our only tradition has been to head to a specific pumpkin on the first day of October (the day it opens!) There are several other ideas for Fall and I’ve seen several people put together these lists of must-do for fall and others are creating fall bucket lists. I’m loving both of these and so it inspired me to do the same. So, here is our list of must do and want to do this year for fall!
5 Fall Family Activities
- Visit 3 or more pumpkin patches. We love going to the pumpkin patch. There are always fun activities and each one is a little different. From picking out pumpkins to riding ponies, hay rides and petting the animals in the petting zoos’ there’s always something fun!
- Go Apple picking. Ok, so I have been wanting to do this forever. There are two options near us. One is a little smaller and closer, but Apple Hill is the other one. It is a little further, but it is bigger and suppose to be amazing. Not sure yet which we’ll choose, but definitely going to do this one.
- Make pumpkin everything. I love pumpkin breads, bars, smoothies and cookies. The Trader’s Joe’s pumpkin bread is so good and I love making these pumpkin bars. This year I want to try making pumpkin donuts or finding a great pumpkin cinnamon rolls recipe…if you know of a great one please send it my way!
- Go to a fall festival. I was SOO looking forward to our Octoberfest here in downtown Walnut Creek this year, but because of the poor equality (uggh these fires are killing our fall vibes…see ways to help here). Hopefully it will get rescheduled soon or I should just look up other festivals near us.
- Have a fall picnic. The weather is always so nice so it’s perfect to sit outside for a picnic. Pack up some warm soups, grilled cheeses, apple cider and pumpkin cheesecake and you’ve got the perfect Fall feast. Don’t want to pack it all up and travel somewhere, then set it up in your backyard. It’s just as fun and transporting the food is soo much easier.
What are some of your favorite Fall activities that I’m missing? I’m always looking for fun things to create the perfect family traditions and would love to get your input!
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great week!
__________ SHOP THE POST __________