Happy Friday Babes! Father’s Day is coming up soon and for me, guys are just hard to buy for. J is a little bit of a minimalist, doesn’t want a single thing, so shopping and finding ideas for gifts can’t difficult. In fact for him, I often find something experiential because he enjoys this sort of thing more than actual gifts. So I thought I would put together a list of fun Father’s Day gift ideas, including fun experiences!
Experience Gifts are often the best because they create memories…and that is something that last forever. This year were are going to check out the Monster Jam event for their FIRST ever Stadium event at Arrowhead stadium. I think it’s going to be so much fun. You can grab tickets here if you’re interested in going too!
Here are a few things I have either gotten J in the past, but also things I’m considering
Experiential Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- Concert Tickets – Look up concerts going on in your area, whether it’s big arena shows, or even smaller venues and snag tickets for him.
- Sporting Event Tickets – if your buying for a big sports fan then tickets to a sporting event would be fun. If you’re on a budget look for the smaller sporting events like Minor League sporting events. Here in KC we have the T-Bones (baseball), or look at even season passes for sports that might be in off season right now like hockey or basketball.
- Staycation – this is a great one! You could plan something fun with or without the kids if it’s for your husband/significant other, or just a nice little getaway for your dad. On a Budget send the kids over to their grandparents house for a night. Then set the house up with candles, maybe a few fresh pillows and make a yummy meal. Bring that staycation to you with a kid-free night.
- Nascar Ride Along – J has done this before and LOVED it. Said it was so much fun and was recently talking about wanting to do it again!
- Golf Outing – I feel like this is a classic gift! Many guys love to golf so look at setting up a game for him, or go a step further and pre-plan a round for him and his friends!
- Rent a Sports Car – you know those cars guys love, but would/could never buy? Well look into renting it for a few hours and go on a joy ride together. Maybe pack a little picnic lunch and stop before heading back! On a Budget go “car shopping” and just test drive it, dealerships will often let you take them for a few hours to really get a feel for it.
- Cooking Class – J and I have done this a couple of times. It’s so much fun cooking together, learning a new recipes and doing it together!
- Wine/Beer/Liquor tasting class – These are so much fun to do. We have done a bunch of wine tasting classes and love them. We’ve gone by ourselves, as well as with another couple and always end up having the best time. On a Budget then create one at home and maybe invite a few other couples over!
- Fishing Outing – for the outdoorsy dad setup a guided fishing outing. They can get out fish, maybe learn some new tips and tricks and enjoy being outdoors. On a Budget if you know of or have any friends that are great at fishing (for us, my brother is a competitive fisherman so a great option) and setup a time for them to get together and go fishing.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride – I have been dying to do this. So maybe it’s a good benefit for both of us! Anyway, how fun would it be to go up in a hot air balloon and check out the views together.
- Music lesson – I feel like so many guys would love to learn how to play the guitar, drums or really anything you think he’s love. Such a fun way to try something new. And hey, maybe he could learn to play your favorite song!
These are such great ideas that could work if you have a big budget, or a few options if you your budget is a little tighter. I think the main thing is you’re creating memories and thinking of something that’s a little more personal.
The best thing is these are great ideas for any occasion, like birthday, Christmas or for celebrating a big accomplishment!
I’d love to hear some of your ideas in the comments below! If you know of someone looking for some unique ideas please send them this post!
Hope you have a great weekend!