Do you ever just have those days where you wake up and just feel blaah?? Like you’re in a funk, and all you want to do is stay in your pajamas, lay on the couch and catch up on all your shows. Buuut, you soon realize you have to get up, get yourself together, get your kids together…ANNND be parent. Ugggh, now you have to be ON for the entire day. Ready to make meals, go to after school sports/activities, play with Barbies, build with Magnatiles and be excited for All. Their. Things. Mama’s it’s tough!! Moming is hard and sometimes we simply just fail. Here’s five ways I struggled as a mom this week.
We put so much pressure on ourselves to do it all, be perfect and not totally screw up our kids. #AmIRight??? I guess it’s just part of the job and we keep going. For me, I am a part-time nurse injector, blogging full time, continuing to build my Maskcara makeup business, and there’s our other jobs….mom, wife, house keeper, cook and all the other things we as mother’s do.
My main point is we aren’t perfect and we are bound to fail, or not do as good of a job as we should have. It’s always difficult to remind ourselves that this normal because everything around us these days points to only the positive moments. Often leaving us feel like we’re doing something wrong because our kids aren’t as perfect as someone else.
But, It’s what we do with these failed moments that make a difference. So in an effort to learn from my mistakes and talk about my struggles for the week, I am going to share five ways I failed as a Mom this week.
Five Ways I Failed As A Mom
- Showed my frustration. You know, in that tone of voice and blurt out WHAAAT!!??!? We all do this, not just to our kids, but in our everyday lives. In the last week or so Amelia has become super clingy and wanting to be held at ALL times and Aria is learning a ton and wanting to show me everything. However, these are all great things, amazing things actually. I know it won’t be long before Amelia won’t want to be held and the excitement in learning dulls. I often need to remind myself to just take a breathe, count to three and take in all these little moments.
- Gave in…one too many times. It’s inevitable, you’re trying to finish some work and it’s right when they want your attention the most. So you give in to extra screen time, or even bribe them with a treat to give you 10 more minutes to finish what you’re doing. This happens more times than I’d like to admit…Anyone else???
- Too much screen time…for me, not the kids. As a blogger being dialed into the current social stuff is part of my job. I try my best to get up before they do, work while they’re at school and then after bed. But, there are times when I’m busy, get behind and work on things during our play time.
- Rushed through tuck-in time. Putting the kids down has become such a process. From getting ready for bed, winding down, brushing and flossing to actually tucking in has become a 40 minute process. Sometimes it’s almost nine before I get out of there and I’m thinking of a million things I need to do. SO instead of enjoying the one on one time and I rushed through it to get to work. Total Mom Fail because I know one of these days they won’t want/need to be tucked in.
- Been waaay too hard on myself. I want the best for my girls and see me as a mom who works hard, is supportive to the family and supportive of them. Their best interest is my main focus, therefore I put a lot of pressure on myself to make every day, every experience perfect. In reality, nothing is perfect all the time and I need to remind myself this frequently.
So if you’re feeling you’ve struggled as a mom recently, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We can’t be perfect all of the time. It’s through our failures when we learn to cope with them. I try to remind myself that if our kids never see us fail then they won’t learn the coping skills to deal with them.
I’d love to hear one way you struggled as a mom recently. So we can all learn from these moments and realize that all of have these day, weeks and even months!
So all you Mama’s out there give yourself a pat on the back today. You are amazing and remember your littles love and adore you. You are their Mom and you always will be!
Thanks for stopping by + enjoy the weekend!
PS: Don’t forget to tag me (Instagram or Facebook) when you try out any outfit idea or purchase anything you find through me! You could also send me a quick email (Hello@ ) because I’d love to see your inspired looks, even share them with other Mama’s in my Newsletter!
Are you subscribed yet? If not, be sure to do so, as I share exclusive content there, as well as hosts Newsletter Exclusive Giveaways.