With everything going on these days the idea of going on a ‘Real Date’ sounds amazing. We’ve been lock up and dying to get out. But, then I started thinking, what does a ‘Real Date’ mean? I think of it as a going out at night, with NO KIDS for dinner and drinks, or catching a movie then going for drinks after, etc…you get the idea.
I’ve been thinking about how we’ve haven’t been able to do this. But, it got me thinking about how we spend our time together, and the little dates we sneak in. SOOOO, here’s our little trick, we sneak in an hour here and there for mini dates, just some one-on-one time. I always take these little moments for granted and forget to appreciate these times and count them as dates. I mean, because really, isn’t a date just spending quality time together, regardless of where and the amount of time spent together???
Here’s the thing, many of us feel like we don’t have great date ideas. So I’ve put together Date Ideas for when you’re limited on time and budget. BONUS: for those of you with kids like us….almost all of these date ideas can be done during naptime or once the kids are in bed for the night.
9 Spring Date Ideas
- Lunch Date: I’m fortunate enough to only work a couple of days a week. So we like to try and fit in a lunch date one afternoon when the girls are at school. If this is not an option, day dates on the weekend are great. This isn’t the most budget friendly, unless you have family around, but it’s great because you can head out right after the kids are down for a nap and they’ll hardly even know you’ve been gone. (can’t get a sitter see idea #3)
- Go for a walk or hike. The weather is warming up and the flowers are blossoming, why not enjoy it by going on a walk, getting some from air and get some quality time to talk. Now, if you’re kids are stroller age, you can get this in with them. I don’t know about you, but after the first few minutes the kids get pretty chill and BOOM you have time to talk + getting out and moving.
- Patio Date. Sometimes there’s nothing better than staying in and hanging out in comfy loungewear. So make a cheese plate, grab some wine, beer, sparkling water, or whatever….light up the fit pit, turn on Spotify and just hang out. If you’re like us and have kids, no problem, wait until they’re down for their nap or after they go to bed.
- Go to the Farmer’s Market. Does anyone else love going food shopping with their significant other? We love to plan and cook a meal together. It’s not as easy with the kids to cook together like we use to, but we still really enjoy strolling the farmer’s market, picking up foods and planning a meal.
- Plant flowers together. Ok, so I’m not a green thumb by any means, hence I buy low water plants, but every spring I love to get new flowers, get outside and enjoy the outdoors. Plus, it just makes the outside of your place cute and put together. This is another one of those fun, carefree activities to enjoy together. It doesn’t take a ton of time, well I guess depends on your planting project (I just have a few pot).
- Coffee Date. Because who doesn’t love coffee, tea and those coffee house treats!! This is again one of those things we fit in if I’m off on a day the girls at at school. Or if you have kids, you both work a ton or one of you travels a lot….plan to get up early together one morning and enjoy your cup of joe outside on the front porch or patio. Being outside in the mornings is so peaceful + you’re well rested and refreshed without the days stresses piled on you.
- After Hours Dessert Party. If you know James, you know he loves him some dessert, especially cookies and cookie ice-cream sandwiches. Why not make this a date…put your kids to bed and pull out the ice cream, toppings and cookies to make your own at home. You could even have cupcakes already made, set out icing and decorating items on the living room table and decorate them while chatting and listening to music or watching a movie.
- Play Games: Yes we are guilty of this one. Kind of corny, I know, but it’s totally fun and it’s a great way to de-stress at night after a long day or week. So grab a glass of wine and play cards, Guess Who, Battleship, Apples to Apples or other favorites.
- Spa Night: Once you’re settled for the night and starting to wind down, take some time to help one another relax. I mean who doesn’t love a massage. Grab some lotion and put on a movie or soft music, light a few candles (or turn them on, HaHa, the kid friendly version) and give each other a massage.
I hope this guide of mini date ideas helps you sneak in an extra hour of one on one time with your special someone. I would love to hear how you sneak in a little extra time together and what fun date ideas you have!
Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a great weekend.
PS: Don’t forget to tag me (Instagram or Facebook) when you try out any outfit idea or purchase anything you find through me! You could also send me a quick email (Hello@kallieflexman.com) because I’d love to see your inspired looks, even share them with other Mama’s in my Newsletter!
Are you subscribed yet? If not, be sure to do so, as I share fun dupe and look for less finds Every. Single. Week, as well as hosts Newsletter Exclusive Giveaways.
Ana Duarte says
I love the patio night idea! Especially with all the warm weather we have been having!
Ana | http://www.theanaduarte.com
kallie flexman says
Yes! I love patio night! It’s so relaxing and chill!