Valentine’s day is one of those holidays that I have always enjoyed, but never really got waay into. Nor do I care to get a big extravagant gift. I have always enjoyed the idea of heading to the store, picking up items for a nice dinner at home and opening up a great bottle of wine. I love the idea of a simple, no-fuss and no-pressure Valentine’s Day. So I’m sharing ten easy casual and inexpensive date ideas at the bottom of this post.
Having this mindset has also been so good for us, especially since having kids. I feel like had we always done these big extravagant dates or gift then we’d be highly frustrated and disappointed in today. Maybe this is just me. And don’t get me wrong, I still want a little something for the day, but I’m always wanting something more practical and personal.
Is it just me, or does anyone else want their spouse, partner, significant other or whoever you have in your life take the time to pick up around the house. Or, really, just alleviate some of your daily tasks around the house. Maybe that’s the full-time working mom side of me, Ha. #WhosWithMe
Since we are pretty casual I wanted to share some ideas on how to celebrate the day and still make it special for each other, even with kids.
Casual + Inexpensive Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Make dinner together. There’s nothing more romantic and fun than cooking together.
- Dinner in the living room. Create a cute tablescape on the coffee table, dim the lights and turn on a romantic comedy.
- Pick up sushi and eat dinner with a fire in the fireplace (Yep we did this one year…it was perfect)
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day over lunch. This is a great way to get in a great meal at a lower cost. Also, it’ll be kid free because they’re in school!
- Set up a spot with pillows and blankets and trade giving massages. Romantic, relaxing and we all need a little tension relief.
- Go for a walk at dusk. Parents this is a great one, put the kids in the stroller, or let them ride their bikes and go for a walk. Oh an be sure to hold hands and maybe sneak a little butt squeeze here and there.
- Pick up a couple of half bottles of wine and create a wine tasting. Pair it with a meat and cheese plate and/or a flatbread pizza.
- Have a game night. Once the kids are in bed grab a drink and get out some games. Play cards, do a puzzle or play Guess Who
- Set a timer for 5 minutes. During that time each of you write as many things as you can that you love about each other. Then take turns sharing. This is a great way to remind yourself, your partner and a chance to reconnect with each other. Which we all know is hard to do with kids around ALL the time.
- Put those kids to bed and hop in to a steamy bath or shower. Ok so this may or may not be possible, but it’s Valentine’s Day, so I had to say it. HaHa
So there you have it, ten easy casual and inexpensive date ideas for Valentine’s Day. If you’re needing some casual outfit ideas see here here and if you’re cooking at home check out the romantic dessert Ideas.
What are you’re plans for Valentine’s Day? Are you doing anything big? Or have plans to stay in, snuggle up and enjoy some quiet time together?
Thanks for stopping and hope you enjoy the day celebrating with your love!
_____ SHOP THE POST _____
I'd love to hear your thoughts