Winter is in full effect. From those negative degree temps I experienced while in Kansas City, to the rain here in California I want nothing more than to cozy up in sweaters. This is the best time of year to really start stocking up on them. Everything starts going on major sale because stores are starting to bring out their Spring items. So, hold off on stocking up on those Spring Break finds just yet. Instead, start stocking up on all the great Winter items that will carry over into Spring. Below are my tips for Spring shopping Winter Sales to best benefit you during the Spring months.
Spring Shopping Winter Sales
- Buy sweaters, jackets and vests in lighter colors. Spring is all about the shedding the darkness. So find some great light grey, pinks, whites and anything in pastel shades. This adds a brightness to your looks that is perfect for Spring.
- Stock-up on the lightweight layering items. So many of the thermals and long sleeve tees that are perfect for layering under cardigans, sweaters and winter coats make the perfect piece to wear on their own during Spring.
- Look for floral prints. Groundbreaking, I know! Ha, every time this reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada! But, really it’s so true. Spring and florals go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly or Milk and Cookies. It’s just a classic that will never be a bad idea.
- Shop for open toe booties. There are always so many booties on sale right now. A lot of the time you can find the open-toe booties from Fall on sale throughout the Winter months. And honestly, Fall, Spring, whatever they work for just about any Spring look!
- Look for light weight scarves. Spring is still all about layering, you just don’t need the same thick and heavy layers.
These are the same tips I use when I am sale shopping during January and February. There are always so many good sales and sure it’s great to buy things to wear right now. But, why not think about it in terms of things you can wear right now to stay warm and cozy, then pair with shorts and booties in a few months? This is another way to get your price per wear down per item you are buying.
Do you have any tips for getting a head start on your spring shopping? I’d love to hear your tips and tricks in the comments below!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Love your tips here dear, and I couldnt agree more, especially on buying sweaters, jackets and vests in lighter colors. Fresh and vibrant colors never goes out of style!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com