I don’t know about you, but my kids are pretty picky eaters. They only eat a few things, so mixing up lunches isn’t a real option for me. I mean, really they only eat about 5 things plus a few sides. I have the hardest time coming up with new ideas so I’m going to you all for help!
I’d love to hear some of your tips and tricks to get your picky eaters to branch out, try new things and keep their appetites wanting fresh new things!
Here’s what I mean, Aria has taken a peanut butter sandwich almost every day for lunch for the past six and half months. Her preschool did have a few days within a 4-week meal plan that she’d eat there, but that was about one meal a week.
Now that school is in session, we’re back to peanut butter sandwiches, and a few side options. A few heathy options I can add are mandarin oranges, half a banana, yogurt or cheese stick.
So although I’m not full of great lunch ideas, I do have some great lunch packing tips. These will at least help packing and making lunches go a lot smoother.
5 Tips and Tricks For Packing School Lunches
- Pack it the night before – I actually do this Mama’s! On the few occasions I don’t I totally forget something. So take a couple minutes every night and put it together.
- Reusable Containers – I love these. They’re not only great for the environment, but they add color to their lunch boxes, and makes it a little more fun.
- Pack a variety – Having several options ensure’s your child will get full. I always have a sandwich and two sides. Aria only drinks water, so I send a water bottle with her too.
- Use Saran Wrap to fruit fresh – I will send a half a banana and wrap the end with Saran Wrap. This keeps it fresh and ready to eat. You can also do this with apple slices!
- Make it fun – There are several ways to make it fun. Use cookie cutters for sandwiches, write notes (or find a cute printable online), write on their fruit and have them help make it.
I’d love to hear any of your tips and tricks for packing school lunches, but also ANY and ALL ideas for the pickiest of eaters!
_____ SHOP LUNCH BOX ESSENTIALS _____
PS: Don’t forget to tag me (Instagram or Facebook) when you try out any outfit idea or purchase anything you find through me! You could also send me a quick email (Hello@ ) because I’d love to see your inspired looks, even share them with other Mama’s in my Newsletter!
Are you subscribed yet? If not, be sure to do so, as I share exclusive content there, as well as hosts Newsletter Exclusive Giveaways.