Get your fuzzy socks on and start the fireplace. This January weather has me feeling all kinds of hygge today!
I LOVE a hearty soup pretty much anytime, but especially on a cold winter night. Warm soup and fresh bread is such a simple dinner but it’s the kind of meal that makes the best kind of memories.
This is such a favorite winter soup recipe and guess what? You can have it on the table in 30 minutes!
1 lb mild ground italian sausage
1 onion minced
6 cloves of garlic minced
1 quart chicken stock
1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 bunch kale (stems removed)
1 (10 oz) bag of fresh tortellini
1 cup heavy cream (or dairy substitue)
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onions, and garlic to the pot and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. (Drain off any excess fat.)
- Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk until tomato paste is fully incorporated.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, tortellini, and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the kale is wilted and the pasta is tender.
Tell me your favorite soup to enjoy during the winter months. Better yet, show me, send me a photo or tag me on Insta and I’ll pick my favorite soups to feature in my newsletter. Not apart of the gang? Sign up here for all the fun tips, tricks and recipes!
Can’t wait to see your favorite soup recipes!
Hope your week is off to a great start. Thanks so much for stopping by.
PS: Don’t forget to tag me (Instagram or Facebook) when you try out any outfit idea or purchase anything you find through me! You could also send me a quick email (Hello@) because I’d love to see your inspired looks, even share them with other Mama’s in my Newsletter!