Does anyone else get motivated to work out just by having a cute outfit to workout in? You’re right, it doesn’t really make a difference for me either, especially now that altheisure is so in. With that said, it may not motivate me, but I do love to look cute and feel supported when I workout.
Lately my favorite thing to wear are longer sports bra’s or cropped tops with high waist leggings. Which, to be honest is new for me, but it has been keeping me cooler while running outside or working out at home. But honestly, I wear a mix of things so I thought I’d share a few of my tried and true favorites, what I’ve been doing for my workout and 5 tips for staying motivated.
Favorite Workout Clothes
I recently did a post on my fitness gear favorites for at home workouts, check that out if you need some ideas on affordable ways to get your home gym started. But here is a look at my favorite leggings, tops and a few sports bras. I do love Fabletics, they offer such a great price for sets and the quality is good. Another brand I love is Zella, I typically stock up on these during Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale. But, I have also found a few great finds on Amazon as well.
My fitness routine is constantly changing because I need to mix it up to stay motivated. I have always been one of those that hates to workout but do it anyway because I have to in order to look remotely fit. My tried and true is running. To be honest, I hate the idea of running. But, once I just get out there and start doing it I am able to challenge and push myself more than doing toning moves.
I have done a lot of different things, because we need to work those muscles more than just running. I have followed along with the Tone It Up program, I have done 9 Rounds boxing’s workouts and my current toning program with my friends Ashley and Joc, from The Lavender Lifestyle. They have their Elevate program, which is great for us busy Mama’s. They’re 30 minute workouts, doesn’t require a lot of equipment and they can be done anywhere.
5 tips on getting started and staying motivated
- Find the right program for your lifestyle and goals. I am not one of those people that has time to spend an hour or more at the gym. It’s just not realistic for me, I am all about finding a program that gets me in and out, or even completes my workout at home. As I mentioned above, I’m running and following the Elevate program from The Lavender Lifestyle. It’s about 30 minutes and incorporates a lot of HIIT. I love this because it makes time go faster.
- Work out with a friend. This is huge! One of my girlfriends is always on top of her workout game. I joined the same gym and we try to schedule a time to workout once a week or so. This is what got me back in the habit. We were following the same program and I wanted to stay on the same level.
- Accountability. This sort of goes along with the first one, but find other ways to hold yourself accountable. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed an increase in daily workout photos on my IG Story. I know, this is probably annoying, but this makes me feel accomplished and it’s like my way of checking-in.
- Find an external motivator. Whether it be a vacation, upcoming wedding (yours or as a guest), a race or my best motivator is heading into the Summer months and knowing we’ll be hitting up the pool. Having something to work towards is a great way to keep you on top of your game.
- Stay Positive. Some days are just hard, you’re tired and the negative thoughts start weighing you down. Remember, it’s ok if you miss a day or veer off your meal plan. Just stay positive and get back to it with the next snack, meal or workout,
Sometimes, no matter what we do we just can’t lose that stubborn fat. Be sure to check out my post on CoolSculpting. I had this treatment a few years ago because regardless of my diet and exercise plan I still have that little ring around my waist.
What are your biggest motivators? What kind of programs for diet and exercise do you follow? I’m always looking for new, fun and exciting ways to get and stay fit!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!