It’s officially the first day of Summer! I love summer and spending time outside, having barbecues and playing lots of water games! But, with Summer comes those outdoor parties, which can be tricky if you aren’t prepared. So today I want to share some of my Summer entertaining tips and tricks to make things go a little smoother.
7 Summer Entertaining Tips and Tricks
- Keep things Simple – prepare seasonal favorites, like salads and fresh fruit. Plan to grill so you can be outside with your guests while you’re cooking.
- Don’t use real – pick up paper or plastic plates, silverware and glasses. This keeps you from stressing about anything breaking.
- Work with the weather – if its sunny and hot, plan to have an umbrella to help shade your party area. If it’s windy, skip the tablecloth, or use table weights.
- Simple decor – grab a few fun pieces, like trays or throw pillows to add a pop of color. I found my fun tray and plastic-wear at Dollar General, for about a dollar each! You could also grab a few pillows from inside to bring out if you want to save a little money!
- Keep the bugs away – be sure to grab some citronella candles, and/or have bug spray available for your guests to use. Even use your mesh colanders to place over food to keep flys away!
- Create a glow – use fun lights, candles, and torches to set the scene. If you’re worried about the real flames, wax or have kids around use flameless candles, solar lights and torches and string lights.
- Prep Before – prep as much as you can ahead of time. Anything you can make the day before do, if you’re grilling out, pre make your burger patties, or make your salad, but don’t dress it or have any veggies pre cut.
I’m sure there are so many lists out there with 20+ tips and ticks to for successful entertaining. But, don’t bog yourself down trying to look through them and stress yourself out even more. Remember to Keep Things Simple!
Simple is always the way to go, and it allows you to actually entertain and enjoy the party and your guests!
You got this…I know it!
If you have any simple tips to add, or to build upon the tips I listed I’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Have a friend or family member that entertains and is constantly stressing, then share this post with them!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend!
_____ SHOP THE POST _____
Holiday Entertaining Tips + Gifts For the Home
These are really fun tips! Thanks dear!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
kallie flexman says
thank you so much Jessica!