The wait is over you guys! The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is FINALLY among us. This is one of the most anticipated shopping days of the year, probably even ahead of Black Friday Weekend. Here’s why, you get to pre-shop all of the Fall styles and trends 1.) before they even come out at other stores 2.) everything during the sale is up to 40% OFF. Yep you read that right, you get to shop all new season items ON SALE! If you’re a newbie, you will see every blogger talking about this sale and sharing their picks. It can be very overwhelming. So today I want to share tips for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary, and how to ROCK IT for YOU! If you have a few of your own tips, be sure to share them below in the comments!
Tips For Shopping The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Get The Nordstrom Credit card, or they have a Debit option if you want to force yourself to have self-control. The benefit of having a Nordstrom card give you early access. The sale for card members starts July 12th and honestly this is almost a must. During this time is when so many things sell out. It’s been known for hot ticket items to sell out in 15-30 minutes once the clock strikes Midnight.
- Set yourself a budget. This is the hard part! there are so many great things available from sweaters, shoes accessories and so much more. You will likely see 1,000+ post from your favorite style bloggers showing you all the amazing things. You will WANT IT ALL…trust me on this. So defining your budget, saying it out loud, writing it down and even telling a friend will hold you accountable!
- Make a list. Start looking through your closet(s) right now, TODAY. Write down the items you need. For instance I need a new black cardigan, black booties, running shoes and a few new sweaters. Look at what you have, don’t have and what is starting look worn. Replace these items, then make room for some of the fun, new fall trends. This is the perfect time to get all your basics, especially while they’re ON SALE!
- Look at trends for fall and find a few that really work for you and your style. Grab a few key items that fit into these categories so you can have them to mix and match with your wardrobe all season. So many of these trends work now and all the way through next Spring. So it’s ok to splurge on a few of these pieces.
- White booties
- Pointed SHoes
- Crop + Flare Denim
- Leather, Suede, Corduroy
- Multi-Color items, like color blocked sweaters
- Western Details and Stitching
- START BIG and Scale Back later. this will contradict my next statement, but here’s what I mean by this. buy the things you both love and not sure of. You may also need to order a couple of different sizes because everything fits differently. Once you get your items in, take an afternoon, try everything one and see what you think. Sometimes you love what you thought you wouldn’t and hate what you thought you’d love. Luckily for all of us Nordstrom as a great return policy so it’ll be easy to send back the think that didn’t work.
- Don’t Get Carried Away. Back to one of my previous points. You will be seeing a ton of cute items all over the place. But don’t get carried away and caught up in the excitement. Stick your style and what’s right for you, your style and your budget!
The Nordstrom Anniversary is such a fun sale to shop. Grab your girlfriends, mom, sister and head into the store. Trying things on and seeing what other find is half the fun! You can start shopping the catalog here, and stay tuned for tomorrow, i’ll be sharing an extra post with my Top Catalog Picks!
Here are a few Posts I’ve done in the past So you can get an idea of this sale and what you’ll you find!
1 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Dressing Room Diaries
2 10 Must Haves From Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
3 My Nordstrom Anniversary Picks
I hope you are getting excited for this sale! You will find so many amazing things for fall AND you will get them ON SALE…SCORE!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Get Out There and have a Gorgeous week!
Lovely tips dear! Nordstrom really has some of the best items on sale. And yes, those loafers are really adorable!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com